Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Sweet & Crisp


For the past few months, I've been giving my friend a ride everyday to and from school, band practice, and football games. It's not really a hassle since our schedules are so similar and he lives ten feet away from me. 

A few weeks ago, as we were leaving to go to a football game, he climbed into my car with a brown Whole Foods bag and said, "This is from my mom." Inside the bag was a case of a dozen apples with an envelope attached to it that read, "Thank you Vanessa!" How sweet! Assuming that there was a letter inside the envelope, I asked my friend to read it to me since I was driving. Unfortunately he told me there was no letter in the envelope. 

Later that night at the football game, I saw his mom and thanked her for the apples. She thanked me for driving around her child and asked, "Did you get the $30?" I was so confused and asked, "Uhhh... What $30?" She said, "There's $30 in the envelope for gas! Don't throw it away!" and she ran off. WHAT. She's so nice! Anyways, Mrs T if you're reading this, thanks for being as sweet as your apples! 

Love, 

Vanessa