Monday, January 27, 2014

Music Moments of 2013

Hey guys! It's Rishita again, except with music favorites instead of camera tips. I'm basically going to give my favorite albums from 2013, so they don't necessarily have to be released in 2013; I just had to have fallen in love with it within the past year. I think that's fairly straight forward, so let's get to it. 



AM - Arctic Monkeys
This is hands down my favorite album of 2013. The blend of different music style resonates through the entire tracklist with no two songs sounding outwardly the same, but yet every single song just kind of strings together perfectly. Legitimately speaking, if you were only to listen to one album from this entire list, I'd recommend this one. 
Favorite songs on the album: I Wanna Be Yours / Why'd You Only Call Me When You're Drunk
Modern Vampires of the City - Vampire Weekend
After their last album from 2010, Contra, I was actually kind of anticipating this NOW GRAMMY AWARD WINNING ALBUM (congratulations to Vampire City)! The indie rock feel to the album definitely resonates through and through and is a great to listen to when you're just relaxing or feeling sentimental (believe me as I've felt inspired to make super sentimental videos with their songs as bg music. You'll get what I'm talking about when you listen to it) 
Favorite songs on the album: Step / Obvious Bicycle / Young Lion
When It Was Now - Atlas Genius
I don't actually remember how I found out about Atlas Genius but whatever it was, I'm pretty glad I found them. The Australian band's first album is definitely a must listen for any alternative lovers.
Favorite songs on the album: If So / Back Seat 
Pure Heroine - Lorde
LORDE. It's not new news that she's gotten immensely popular within like the past six months, but it's all well deserved. Pure Heroine is definitely a unique alternative album with pretty thought provoking lyrics and ridiculously catchy beats. 10/10 would recommend to everyone. (side note: definitely recommend her EP, The Love Club too.) 
Favorite Songs on the album: Tennis Court / Team 
The vs. EP - Macklemore and Ryan Lewis
I actually fell in love with this EP after The Heist came out, surprisingly. I pretty much instantly fell in love with the songs. Actually I fell in love with the brass ensemble theme throughout, but the entire EP is pretty great anyway. 
Favorite song on the EP: The End 
Native - OneRepublic
Pretty much since I was a kid, I've been hearing OneRepublic, from the radio to the mall to the elevator, EVERYWHERE. It was no surprise that when Native came out, I was pretty much anticipating it for my entire life. The album has pretty much gone through five renaissances since its release, but it's so catchy and beautiful it's all worth the radio takeovers.
Favorite songs on the album: Life in Color (the acoustic version on youtube is really good too) / Something's Gotta Give 
Random Access Memories - Daft Punk
DAFT PUNK!!11!!!11 Okay I am just too many feels about this just listen you will understand 
Favorite songs on the album: the entire album friend, the entire album 
El Camino - The Black Keys